for Neo Hülcker
by Sam Andreae, March 2018
- 2 x vocal microphones
- recording / playing device (smartphone, zoom, tape-recorder)
- scores and all included objects
Preparation (before performance)
- record 30 seconds of the sound of a party
- record 60 seconds of yourself singing along to your favorite (karaoke?) song
Instructions for score performance
- The score is read from left to right, the time markings at the top/bottom of the score demonstrate the speed of the performance and placement of the instructions. The score should be unrolled as you progress through the piece. Start the stopwatch at the beginning of the performance, both performers use this as a time reference.
- Any text attached to the score with blue tape should be spoken.
- Any text attached to the score with pink tape should be sung.
- The position of these texts on the score (top, middle, bottom) relate to your vocal range (high, speaking range, low)
- Text in brackets - [like this] - are instructions for an action which should be performed, not spoken.