for large ensemble
- circles represent a small looped phrase, rhythm or gesture. Interpret the “events” on each loop freely.
- when performing a loop, you should attempt to repeat it accurately.
- once a loop has been started you should play constantly.
- you can move to another loop by following the connecting lines.
- in order to move, you should give yourself a “countdown” of seconds or loops (for example “move onto next loop after 20 seconds).
- proceed with your count and then move immediately to the new loop and begin playing.
- when moving to a new loop you can choose to “mute” yourself. This would mean that you are still located on a specific loop, but you are not playing. To move onto another loop you would initiate a countdown.
- the circles with a large black circle inside are “free-play” sections. You don’t need to loop anything here, you can play freely.
download the score